- My glasses (and I am much more excited about them than I look to be in this photo).
- The Spring/Summer issue of The Square is out! I'm thrilled to share all of the cool things happening on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. The next issue is now in progress.
- Still reading and reviewing for the indomitable Laurie Hertzel over at the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- I wrote about The Word Barn in Exeter, NH for TAKE Magazine.
- I profiled author (and artist!) Erika Swyler for the summer issue of Fine Books & Collections. Her debut novel THE BOOK OF SPECULATION is the perfect summer read, especially if you like old books, the ocean, and circuses. And if you don't like those things, what the heck is wrong with you? Oh, and baking. The book isn't about baking, but her blog is.
- Have you seen Jen's blog recovergirl sustainable style? You should check it out. I am always impressed by Jen's sense of style, curiosity, and innovation.
- I had a few important people in my life pass away this winter/spring, including my aunt. It's made me think more about the role of unmarried aunts in our lives, and in particular my subjects Amy Ella Blanchard and Ida Waugh. More on that to come.
|This is the inside of one of my aunt's desk drawers.|