- I wrote a travel piece for Runner's World "Eat, Sleep, Run" that appears in their September 2013 issue in the Human Race section about the best lodges and inns to stay at that cater specifically to runners.
- I wrote an essay for Knit Simple that appears in their Fall 2013 issue as the "Last Stitch" column about what it feels like to always be comparing yourself to others and that practice makes perfect...or good enough. (If you read it you'll be happy to know that I bought some really nice yarn and started a sweater.)
- I've reviewed DAYS IN THE HISTORY OF SILENCE, DUPLEX, and BOOTSTRAPPER for the fabulous Minneapolis Star Tribune books section.
- I made Nutella-stuffed peanut butter cookies (see photo).
- I opened a little bookshop on etsy.
- I started working again at RiverRun Bookstore in Portsmouth. It feels good to be back.
Monday, September 2, 2013